Weddings and Special Occasions in Louisa, Virginia
LEARN ABOUT US
We Love Weddings
Avonlea Farms is a celebration venue in Virginia. Nestled in soft rolling hills and quiet forests, the 64 acre farm is home to several wedding vignette sites designed to make every wedding here feel unique. Our venue offers everything needed to create your perfect event. Conveniently located between Charlottesville and Richmond on I-64, our Southern charm will be sure to delight even the most distant traveler on your special day. One of our favorite compliments we receive is that we run like a well-oiled machine for a stress-free day for you and your family.
AT YOUR SERVICE
What We Provide
At Avonlea Farms, we make our clients' happiness the top priority. From extra site visits to a complimentary mimosa bar the day of, the little details are where we shine. Take a look below to see a sampling of the services and ammenities we offer.
Come with up to four people to take a personal tour of our grounds. Explore the different vignettes and fall in love with our luxe bridal suite. The preliminary visit generally takes about an hour and a half to see all we have to offer.
Dependable service is at the foundation of every great Avonlea Farms wedding. Our dedicated and detail-oriented venue staff guarantee the success of your special occasion by providing personalized care.
• Parking attendants for directions and organization.
• Golf cart attendants to usher in guests to the ceremony site and reception.
• One dedicated staff member present before, during, and after event to answer any questions concerning the facility.
• Owners present for events.
Avonlea Farms is committed to excellence both as a stunning venue space and with the services we provide. Clients can choose from our popular Wedding Planning services, or customize their own. When you celebrate your special occasion with us, we’ll accommodate all of your Wedding Planning needs, with the entire Avonlea Farms team here to serve you.
In our wedding package, you'll have unlimited site access by appointment for planning, engagement photos, and to show planners.
If you love Avonlea but can't have your wedding here, we are also available for booking engagement photos for a small fee.
Our goal is to give you access to everything we have accumulated from our events. Some brides like to leave their decor as a 'pay it forward' gesture and we don't charge an extra fee to use these.
A few special items to note:
• All outdoor spaces lit with bistro lights. See preferred vendor list for more imaginative lighting.*
• Lawn games available upon request.
• Fire pit near greenhouse.
• Two handmade bars for cocktail hour.
• Sixteen barrels for cocktail hour and décor.
• Over a dozen lanterns in various sizes.
Please see our a la cart list for additional items that we've handcrafted for your event.
CEREMONY AND RECEPTION VIGNETTES
Our farm was designed to offer creative ways to make each wedding unique. We have multiple ceremony sites to choose from and our Greenhouse will be the talk of your friends for the rest of the year!
• The Wedding Tree: 250 year old oak tree surrounded by rolling fields and lush forests.
• The Lakeside: The edge of the our small lake is perfect for intimate ceremonies.
• Rolling Fields: Chose any of our four open fields for your special day.
• Vintage glass greenhouse on our private lake available for receptions. 25X62. Can seat up to 150 guests (this number includes using some pavilion space for seating).
• Covered pavilion attached to the greenhouse: offers shade and relaxation for cocktail hour, buffet tables, and dancing. 40X36.
Come take a look at our beautiful property and see if any other areas appeal to you!
BRIDAL AND GROOMSMEN ROOMS
• Bridal Suite: available starting at 9am. Located in the main farmhouse; refrigerator, coffee bar, mimosa bar, full bath, hair and make up stations, and lounge area all available (at no additional cost).
• Groom's Cottage: available starting at 9am. Conveniently located near the Greenhouse; coffee bar, full bath, lounge area, and TV for use at no additional charge.
"Avonlea is an absolutely breathtaking venue! They truly opened up their home to us and were flexible about things we really wanted for our special day. I absolutely recommend this venue! - Megan Clare, Bride
"The venue was lovely and they made sure we stayed on schedule, enjoyed the special memorable moments of the day, and made the event feel effortless. The staff was a delight to work with." - Sharon Ames, Mother of the Bride
"Their wedding tree brought me to tears the first time I ever saw it; I just knew that was where I wanted to have our wedding. Their love for people and for their business shows in all aspect of their work and what they have put in to building this magnificent venue. They were solely focused on us and what we wanted to make it the most amazing day possible and they did just that. I mean it was a bride’s dream come true." - Katherine Weideman, Bride
"Avonlea Farms is hands down the most incredible place to get married, or host your next big event! We got married here on December 18th and it was such a magical place! The McDonald's made us feel like we were are a part of the family and went above and beyond my expectations to make sure our day was beautiful! You can tell this family has put a lot of blood sweat and tears into their property, home, and venue space and it was such a pleasure working with them and helping their dreams come to life with this new incredible venue!" - Carah and Kyle Wilson, Bride and Groom
"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."